Saturday, November 12, 2005

same blog! new name!

Packed up my work boots, my work clothes, my work gloves, and a couple-a buckets full of tools. I'm thinking there might be some work to do this week!

Pulling out of the church at 7:30 tomorrow morning (who the heck decided on THAT time?!!) ... we go south and south and south then scoot a little west and we'll be in New Orleans.

Tom, Jim, Pam and me (I'm trying to think of a three-letter name to use for the week, just to fit in) (the Peanut Gallery may keep Its comments to Its Self!) ... the work team our church is trusting to represent them as the first-out servants with a Disciples Mission Station. Ahhhh, the pressure!

We're assigned to stay at First Christian Church in Metarie (if you've ever flown into New Orleans, the airport is in Metarie), and the instruction we've received so far is "you'll be tearing stuff out." My dear friend Jayna Powell (Disciples Volunteers in Mission coordinator) calls it "getting dirty for Jesus." Will. We. EVER!

I've no idea what our time or internet access/service will be while we're away. I will keep a daily journal, and will post that as possible. If you don't hear/see something, don't panic (Mom!) ... just means you'll have more to read all at one time when we DO get to an access point!

Thank you to all who've offered the overly generous "You're so great to be doing this second trip ..." That gives me far more credit than I deserve. As I said in September when the call came to serve for a period in Tyler ... everyone wants to, and I've been asked to. Doing something is not an option. It is an honor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home